If you have got your Windows Phone 8.1 from other country you might experience problems in accessing it because of different language. If you get your smartphone from china it will have Chinese as the language with the device and it is going to be difficult for one to understand the language and use the device. It is not that Windows Phones come with only one language preinstalled in them. You will find many languages in Windows Phones and you can change them easily. If you want to change language in Windows Phone 8.1 you can read the guide shared below.
- First of all go to Settings tab of your Windows Phone 8.1. You can go to Settings by swiping from top of the displays and then tapping on the gear icon.
- You will see a lot of options there. Scrolling down will show you language option. If you are not able to understand which is the language option there locate the option with time zone which will be something like -8:00. You will see language second item under it.
- Tap on the Plus sign once you enter in the language section.
- You will see a lot of languages there. Select your language and once you have selected it tap on the check button present at the bottom.
- Tap on the above of the language list in order to reboot your device.
- Now you can easily navigate through menus as you can now easily recognize the language. Now you can go to Settings > Region and select your country, your region format and once confirmed tap restart.
- If you want to change the keyboard language you can do that too by going to Settings > Keyboard.
You have now successfully changed the language in your Windows Phone 8.1.