If you are experiencing issues on your Windows smartphone you can hard reset your device. Hard reset will delete all the data which is present in your device and will bring the stock settings on your device. Hard reset is performed when your smartphone starts getting hanged or becomes unresponsive. The issue might be because of some software update which you recently did on your device or because of the excessive cache present of apps in your device. You will get the factory settings back on your device but all the data which is present in your device will get deleted. If you have decided to do hard reset on your Windows Phone we strongly suggest you to create a backup of all the data present in your device.
There are two methods which you can follow to do hard reset on your Windows Phone and we will share both the methods with you today.
Method 1 (From Settings Menu)
If your device is responsive you can use this method for performing hard reset on your device. Make sure you have created backup of your device before you start the procedure to do hard reset on your device. Follow the steps shared below in order to perform hard reset from the Settings menu.
- Open the app list of your device and then go to Settings.
- Go to About option and once you are in About go to Reset your phone
- Once you have tapped on reset your phone option you will see two warnings. Press Yes both the times an make sure you have created backup of your device.
- Hard reset process will be started on your device. It will take a couple of minutes to complete the entire process on your device and once it is completed you will see a setup screen on your device.
Method 2 (For Unresponsive devices)
This method is suitable for the people who are not able to reach the Settings menu in their device. You can switch off your device and then perform hard reset under this method. Follow the steps shared below to do hard reset on your unresponsive device.
- Switch off your Windows smartphone. Once your device is turned off, turn it on by pressing combination of Power + Volume Down buttons. Keep holding both the buttons until you feel a vibration. It will take around 10-15 seconds.
- Once you feel your device vibrating release the Volume down button and upon releasing the button you will see a large exclamation sign.
- When you see the large exclamation sign on your device you have to press four buttons in the order mentioned as Volume up, Volume down, Power and Volume down.
- The hard reset process will be started on your device and your device will automatically reboot once the process is completed.
These are the two methods which you can follow to perform hard reset on your device.