You might be wondering what this post is all about. It is very easy to restart Windows Phone so why is this post written on your favorite Windows blog? There are times when your Windows smartphone becomes unresponsive and pressing the Power button doesn’t do anything. In case your Windows Phone has stopped working or has become unresponsive you can follow the methods shared below which will help you to restart Windows Phone.
Examples when your device is in unresponsive are:-
- Your Windows smartphone is stuck or is freeze. Even if you are tapping or swiping on the screen nothing is happening.
- You are seeing a big exclamation mark on the screen and some gears of the logo of your manufacturer.
- Any app or game is not working the way it is supposed to work.
How to restart Windows Phone
Follow the steps shared below to successfully restart Windows Phone.
- Press and hold the Power button on your Windows Phone till you see Slide down to Power off. It usually takes three seconds for the Slide to Power off comes. If you see this option you can simply slide down the menu and your phone will be switched off. Press the Power button to switch it on. This is the first method, if you are not able to reboot your device using this method use the second method.
- Press and hold the Power button along with Volume Down button for around 15 seconds or till the time you feel a vibration. After you feel your phone vibrating your Windows Phone will reboot.
- If your Windows Phone is having a replaceable battery remove the battery and insert it back again. Press the Power button and your device should restart.
These are some methods which you can follow to restart Windows Phone. Which method worked for you? Let us know using the comments section below.